HOW TO USE
THE EVALUATION SOFTWARE FOR LINUX (UNIX)
1. Open KDE main menu.
2. Select and open "system" -> small tools (kleine Werkzeuge) ->
"make FreeDOS bootdisk" (FreeDOS Bootdiskette erzeugen).
3. Follow the instructions to create a DOS boot floppy disk for LINUX (UNIX).
1. De-compress the *.tar.gz file on a floppy disk or USB.
1. Re-boot your computer with the FreeDOS bootdisk in drive A.
2. After re-booting, eject the FreeDOS bootdisk and insert the
floppy disk with the de-compressed program in drive A or the USB stick in the respective slot.
3. Type A:\>dir
etc. name of drive and directory
to see the names of the files.
4. Type the name of the *.exe file and press Enter. See the name of the *.exe file in readme.txt, enclosed in the *.tar.gz file.
The program will be executed from the floppy disk (or the USB stick) and you can work with it. Press F1 for help in German, French and
Other possibilities how to execute *.exe files on Unix and Linux:
I. One possibility:
1) do "chmod u+x filename.exe"
2) then execute it by typing "./filename.exe"
II. Second possibility:
You can run win 16, 32 programs only if you use Windows emulator Wine or wmware, vmware, plex86, or DOSemu.
For more information see:
Download an evaluation copy.
How to run EXE file on UNIX, LINUX.
Order a commercial copy for LINUX (DOS).
Go to the main page.