More about it ...
Technical Specifications. This program runs on DOS, WINDOWS (all versions) and some variants of it run also on LINUX (DOS mode), UNIX (DOS mode).
The memory space required for the program is 1.4 MB.
Important: The input text must be in ASCII format.
The manual and the operating instructions are in Help and Help is accessible from every part of the menu through the F1 key, in English, French and German.
Go to the previous item.
More about it ...: Linguistic Background and Performance.
Linguistic Background and Performance of SYNTPARSE
SYNTPARSE uses the traditional approach to grammar in order to
the role of each constituent word and Clause in the sentence
recognizes accurately the following parts of the sentence:
- i) ADVERB; ii) SUBJECT:
- iii) VERB / Verbal Tense: "; iv) COMPLEMENT SUBJECT: ";
- v) OBJECT DIRECT: "; vi) OBJECT INDIRECT: ";
- vii) PREDICATIVE and ADVERB: "; viii) CONJUNCTION: ";
- ix) COMPLEMENT OBJECT: ";
- x) INFINITIVE: "; xi) INFINITIVAL COMPLEMENT: ";
- xii) PREDICATIVE: "; xiii) PREPOSITIONAL ADVERBIAL CLAUSE: ";
- xiv) RELATIVE CLAUSE: "; xv) RELATIVE CLAUSE and ...: ";
- xva) RELATIVE CLAUSE and SUBJECT: ";
- xvb) RELATIVE CLAUSE and COMPLEMENT SUBJECT: ";
- xvc) RELATIVECLAUSE and COMPLEMENT OBJECT: "; xvi) RELATIVE PRONOUN: ";
- xvii)RELATIVE PRONOUN and ... : "; xviii) RELATIVE PRONOUN and SUBJECT: ";
- xix) DEPENDENT CLAUSE: "; xx) SUBORDINATE CLAUSE: ";
More about it ...: Parsing examples.
a) Input sentence: I was finding the frustration erupting while it grew totally dark
Output: I was finding the frustration erupting while it grew totally dark outside.
VERB-Past Continuous Tense: was finding
OBJECT DIRECT: the frustration
COMPLEMENT OBJECT: erupting
RELATIVE CLAUSE: while it grew totally dark outside
VERB-Past Perfect Tense: grew
COMPLEMENT SUBJECT: totally dark ADVERB: outside
b) Input: The others turned in unison and, following the colonel's lead, advanced on the three puzzled figures.
Output: The others turned in unison and, following the colonel's lead, advanced on the three puzzled figures.
SUBJECT: The others
VERB-Past Perfect Tense: turned
PREPOSITIONAL ADVERBIAL CLAUSE: in unison
CONJUNCTION: and COMPLEMENT SUBJECT: following the colonel's lead
VERB-Past Perfect Tense: advanced
PREPOSITIONAL ADVERBIAL CLAUSE: on the three puzzled figures
c) Input: Ten percent said the president will be dismissed.
Output: Ten percent said the president will be dismissed.
SUBJECT: Ten percent
VERB- Past Perfect Tense: said
SUBJECT: the president
VERB-Future Tense, Passive Voice: will be dismissed
Go to the previous item.
More about it ...: Applications and Market of the parsing programs
The parsing programs are designed as a Computer Assisted Language Learning tools and being Natural Language Processing programs they are aimed at language students at all levels and of all nationalities. By using the parsing programs, both at home and at school, the language students can improve their knowledge of grammar and syntax, and learn to parse various sentences.